UPDATE SUMMER 2018: This summer we are making some additional updates to the house, including adding one additional queen bed (upstairs), remodeling three bathrooms, adding a new half bathroom downstairs, and doubling the size of the kitchen. New floor plans are already available online and photos will be updated by the end of September.
We have been working to renovate the house over the past several years, seeking to preserve historic details including 13' ceilings with plaster medallions, heart pine wood floors, cypress doors, and a 125-year old oak tree. At the same time, we updated the layout to more comfortably accommodate large groups:
- 18-person dining room table
- Oversized living room with 70-inch television, surround sound system, and Baldwin upright piano
- Private yard (1/3 acre) with fire pit, six-burner propane BBQ, outdoor table, and hammocks
- Super-fast WiFi (the top tier that Cox offers)
- Front porch (gallery) with historic gas lamps and outdoor seating
- Off-street parking for two cars and ample street parking for overflow
The house has eight bedrooms with layout as follows:
- Bedroom 1: one queen bed (semi-private bathroom - shower)
- Bedroom 2: one queen bed (ensuite bathroom - shower)
- Bedroom 3: one queen bed (ensuite bathroom - shower/tub combo)
- Bedroom 4: one double bed
- Bedroom 5: one twin bunkbed
- Bedroom 6: one king bed
- Bedroom 7: two queen beds (semi-private bathroom - shower)
- Bedroom 8: one king bed
There is another shared bathroom upstairs (near the laundry room) with a clawfoot tub-shower combination.
Unfortunately, the caretaker's cottage is no longer available for rent.
The house is located on an oversized, corner lot with multiple outdoor spaces:
- The side yard is fenced for privacy and has a large law panel surrounded by gravel (limestone), with several bistro sets and a colorful bench. This yard can accommodate a 30' x 30' tent for events.
- The cottage yard has a large lawn, oak tree, magnolia tree, and hedge. We generally do not allow tents in this yard.
- The rear courtyard is paved and fenced. It includes a large table with seating for 20 and a six-burner BBQ, as well as overhead string lights.
- The back corner of the side yard has seating for 12 around a natural gas-fed fire pit and a water fountain.