Weddings and Events
As a licensed bed and breakfast, the Mazant hosts weddings and wedding-related events on site and can accommodate up to 180 guests - depending on layout.
All weekend events require a three-night minimum stay (approximately $5,000), plus an additional fee based on the number of guests and type of event, ranging between $500 and $7,500. This fee includes exclusive use of the main house and grounds for your stay and takes into account standard cleaning, taxes, and service fees - as well as load in / load out for your vendors. It does not include any equipment rental, music / AV setup, catering, chairs, tables, or other similar costs. We also require that all guests holding events on site purchase event liability insurance as well as contract with an approved security vendor (see below for more details).
The house is located in the center of a triple lot, with a corner yard (under the oak tree) on one side and a private, fenced yard on the other side. The two yards are connected by a center hallway that runs through the middle of the house. Some groups choose to do part of the event (i.e. ceremony) in one yard and the other part of the event (i.e. reception) in the other yard, but depending on the size of your group you could host both the reception and ceremony in the same place. The non-cottage yard is private and fenced, but also has a large gate that can be opened to allow easy access for a food truck.
A few other common questions / things to note:
- Parking: There are two (2) off-street parking spots in the driveway as well as ample street parking (no permit required). For events, we will work with you to arrange offsite parking and/or a shuttle to avoid congestion in the neighborhood.
- Music: Local regulations require that all outdoor music to stop by 9:00pm, but there are several local bars within a few blocks that people often head to from the house for more late-night festivities. Out of respect for our neighbors, we are very strict about this rule and have decibel meters installed on the property to monitor noise levels.
- Sleeping Capacity: The main house can sleep 16-18 people. The caretaker's cottage can sleep another two (2) people in a queen bed, and also includes a full bath (shower/clawfoot tub combo), kitchen, and laundry. The cottage costs an extra $150 per night.
- Tenting: At this time, we only allow tents (max size 30' x 30') on the non-cottage side of the house; tents are not allowed on teh corner yard under the oak tree. Mascaro Brothers Rentals is our recommended vendor for all tent rentals and we'll work with you to secure the required city permits, but require a minimum of two (2) months notice.
- Kitchens: There are two kitchens on the property - one in the main house and one in the guest cottage. The kitchens are close together (approximately 20 feet apart), so it is reasonably easy to use both for food preparation. There is also a BBQ grill in the back patio.
- Permits: If you choose to have an event on site, we will apply for any necessary permits on your behalf. The cost of permitting is already included in your event fee.
- Security: We require private security guards for any afternoon/evening event with more than 50 people. Events larger than 100 people require two (2) guards, and those above 150 require three (3) guards. Approximate cost is $25-$30 per hour, per officer and we can provide a recommended list of companies (see below).
- Insurance: We also require you to purchase private liability insurance for any event on site. This costs around $100 and is available through WedSafe or Progressive/Event Helper.
- Tours: In terms of the space, the easiest way to get a sense of the layout is to use the digital tour or view the floor plans on the Property Details page. If you'd like to come in person, we do not show the property when we have guests, but with advanced notice can generally arrange a tour during the week.
Please let us know if you have any questions or would like to learn more. The best way to get in touch is via e-mail at email@example.com.
Below is a list of vendors recommended by past guests and others who we have worked with in the past. If you have questions, or are looking for a full-service planner, we highly recommend reaching out to Becky Lampp at Spanish Oak Events - she knows the property well and has planned some of the largest events on site.