The Mazant is a historic plantation-style home dating back to the early 1880s and located in the heart of New Orleans' Bywater arts district - about 1.5 miles from the French Quarter (30 minutes walking or 8 minutes by Uber). We are also close to Bacchanal, Bywater Bakery, The Joint, The Country Club, Elizabeth's, and Satsuma Cafe. It's perfect for family reunions, wedding parties, company off-sites, and other large groups.
The house was recently renovated to preserve historic details including 13' ceilings with plaster medallions, heart pine wood floors, cypress doors, and a 125-year old oak tree. At the same time, we updated the layout to more comfortably accommodate large groups:
- 18-person dining room table
- Oversized living room with 70-inch television, surround sound system, and Baldwin upright piano
- Private yard (1/3 acre) with fire pit, six-burner propane BBQ, outdoor table, and hammocks
- Super fast WiFi (the top tier that Cox offers)
- Front porch (gallery) with historic gas lamps and outdoor seating
- Off-street parking for two cars and ample street parking for overflow
The house has eight bedrooms with layout as follows:
- Bedroom 1: one queen bed (semi-private bathroom with shower)
- Bedroom 2: one king bed (ensuite bathroom with shower)
- Bedroom 3: one queen bed (ensuite bathroom with shower/tub combo)
- Bedroom 4: one double bed
- Bedroom 5: one twin bunkbed
- Bedroom 6: one king bed
- Bedroom 7: one king bed
- Bedroom 8: one queen bed
There are two additional shared bathrooms upstairs: one with a clawfoot tub (with shower) and another tub/shower combo.
For larger groups, we also have a separate guest cottage that has a queen bed, full kitchen, and full bathroom (with clawfoot tub/shower). It is available upon request for an additional fee.
The house is located on an oversized, corner lot with multiple outdoor spaces:
- The side yard is fenced for privacy and has a large law panel surrounded by gravel (limestone), with several bistro sets and a colorful bench. This yard can accommodate a 30' x 30' tent for events.
- The cottage yard has a large lawn (able to be tented for events), oak tree, magnolia tree, and hedge. We generally do not allow tents in this yard.
- The rear courtyard is paved and fenced. It includes a large table with seating for 20 and a six-burner BBQ, as well as overhead string lights.
- The back corner of the side yard has seating for 12 around a natural gas-fed fire pit and a water fountain.